We at Dead Man’s Farm have always cared deeply about our staff, guests, and the greater community. This commitment has not changed. We recognize that staff and guests put trust in us to provide a scary and fun experience while taking measures to ensure their safety during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Unlike many large gathering events such as beaches, concerts, or sporting events; haunted attractions already have a built-in flow pattern for attendance. Guests move in one direction down a specific path with separate entrances and exits. Spaces, where guests and actors interact, are already controlled.
We continue to closely monitor state and local government policy changes, as well as state and local government mandates, and will continue to make changes appropriate to our protocols and procedures. The following are steps we are taking to ensure additional cleanliness and safety measures:
- STAFF: All staff will be checked for temperature upon arrival.
- ACTORS: All costumes and masks are washed and/or sanitized after each use. No handling of costumes except by official costume personnel. All makeup artists will be wearing gloves, face masks, and face shields. Gloves are disposed of after each actor has applied makeup. Reduced flow for actors getting ready to help maintain social distancing. Actors will wear costumed face masks at all times.
- ACTOR SCARE AREAS: Actor areas in the haunted house are sanitized prior to the actors entering the space and will be sanitized during the evening by our technicians. Actors are given access to hand sanitizer and encouraged to use it often.
- UPON ENTERING AN ATTRACTION: Guests will be required to use hand sanitizer before entering and are encouraged to wear a face mask while in the haunted attraction.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING IN THE ATTRACTIONS: Guests will enter the haunted house or the haunted corn maze with only the guests they arrived within their party if requested.
- SANITIZING: Throughout the evening, high touch areas will be routinely sanitized, including restrooms, photo ops, railings, and any surfaces often touched. Our midway escape attractions are completely sanitized between each group.
- HAND SANITIZER STATIONS: Hand sanitizer stations are set up for guests and staff to use at key areas as well as entrance and exit of each attraction.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting Dead Man’s Farm, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and other infectious agents. All guests must take personal responsibility for their own health and safety.
By attending our attraction you’re in agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by my attendance and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, employees, volunteers, and participants and their families.